At Valdosta State University, advising is a collaborative, mandatory process designed to help students
- succeed academically,
- develop an appropriate educational plan leading to graduation,
- focus on their life beyond the university, and
- play a responsible and proactive role in their own education.
Advisors will assist students in decision-making by
- providing timely and accurate information,
- making appropriate referrals to campus resources, and
- encouraging students to use available technology.