August 8, 2011
VSU Announces 2011 Excellence Awards
VALDOSTA-- During the 2011 Fall Convocation on Monday, Aug. 8,
the Valdosta State University community recognized six of its
members with the annual Faculty and Staff Excellence Awards in
honor of their outstanding professional contributions.
A faculty committee representative of all VSU colleges and divisions named four excellence award winners from a host of colleagues who have received top honors in advising, professional activity, service and teaching. A cross-sectional committee also selected two staff members to receive the Excellence in Service for Classified Staff Award.
• Excellence in Advising: Dr. Tonja Root, Department of Early Childhood and Special Education
• Excellence in Professional Activity: Dr. Raymond W. Young, Department of Communications Art
• Excellence in Service: Dr. Mary Ellen Dallman, Department of Early Childhood and Special Education
• Excellence in Teaching: Dr. Kathleen Lowney, Department of Sociology, Anthropology and Criminal Justice
• Excellence in Service for Classified Staff: Debbie Conrad, Catering and Dining Services
• Excellence in Service for Classified Staff: Karen Shepard, Registrar’s Office
For more information on the Excellence Awards, go to http://www.valdosta.edu/pres/Award.shtml .