September 10, 2002
VSU's Office of Career Services announces fall career events
Valdosta State University's Office of Career Services is
coordinating interview opportunities and job fairs for students and
alumni. Students interested in on-campus interviews are encouraged
to contact the Office of Career Services at 333-5942 or 333-5414 as
soon as possible to ensure an interview time slot.
This fall's interview opportunities are:
* Wednesday, Oct. 2: Governor's Intern Program. Position: Intern. Position is open to all majors, junior, senior or graduate students with 2.75 or higher GPA.
* Wednesday, Oct. 23: Wal-Mart Stores/Sam's Club. Positions: Store Operations Intern/Management Trainee?Store Operations. Position is open to all majors with 2.5 or higher GPA. Students must be a junior or senior for intern position. Full-time positions are open to alumni through December 2002 graduates.
* Thursday, Nov. 7: Walgreens. Positions: Retail Manager Intern/Retail Management Trainee. Open to all majors. Students must be a junior or senior for intern position. Full-time positions are open to alumni through December 2002 graduates.
Company literature is available for review in the Office of Career Services. Students must be registered with Career Services via Georgia Hire before scheduling an on-campus interview. Students may contact the office for the registration procedure.
This fall's career fairs are scheduled for:
* Tuesday, Oct. 22: Fall Career Day, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., PE Complex, Mezzanine Level.
* Tuesday, Nov. 26: Education Career Day, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., PE Complex, Mezzanine Level.
A list of participating employers is available one week prior to each event.